Non-Profit, In Home Hospice Care
Arbor Hospice is a non-profit hospice provider. We’ve been providing care and support for over 30 years. We’ve learned that hospice care works best and is most beneficial to you and your loved one when it is started earlier than later. In fact, our families always tell us, “We wish we knew about hospice care sooner.” When asked why they waited, they tell us they were overwhelmed, fearful and did not understand how hospice can help.
About Arbor Hospice & Hospice Care
Hospice is not a place; it is a healthcare benefit for anyone facing a life-limiting illness. Hospice provides physical, emotional, social and spiritual support to patients, their families, and loved ones, allowing them to live their final days with dignity and comfort. Hospice neither hastens or delays the dying process. Hospice respects personal choice, cultural diversity, and individual spiritual beliefs while supporting patient/family strengths.
Over 250 hospices operate in Riverside County alone, and only a few are non-profit agencies. We are your leading community non-profit agency and have been providing exceptional hospice care for over 30 years. We put care before profit…every time.
Choose a Community Hospice that Cares
- Dedicated & Experienced Staff: We have a dedicated team of nurses and medical support staff working 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We always have nurses on duty and not just “on-call.”
- Experienced Physicians: Dr. Ganta is our Medical Director, Dr. Martinez is our Hospice Doctor and Dr. Dahlquist is a full-time hospice physician. All doctors make house call visits when medically necessary.
- Registered Nurses: Our patients are routinely seen by a Registered Nurse (RN) as well as our experienced team of Licensed Vocational Nurses.
- Coordinated Support: Your hospice team works with your referral sources, medical team, family, and caregivers to help you focus on living each day to the fullest in peace, comfort, and dignity. We offer medical, psychological and spiritual support.
- Local Expertise: Because we are an experienced local agency, our supplies are quickly available to our nursing team. Our medications arrive the same day and we use local pharmacies.
- Family Support: We provide free bereavement support groups including a youth bereavement program called “Tears are Okay.” We also have a Crisis Response Team for unexpected tragedies.
Community Hospice Volunteers
In addition, we work in partnership with Hemet Hospice Volunteers, our sister agency. Hemet Hospice Volunteers, Inc., provides additional resources for hospice patients and their families and offers a variety of community bereavement services.
For more information on the services provided by Hemet Hospice Volunteers, please click here.
Community Hospice Care
Hospice provides expert care and support to patients and families facing serious advanced illnesses. Our care is centered on the patient’s goals and personal choices; they tell us what’s important to them and we provide care tailored to their wishes.
Hospice care focuses on pain relief and symptom control so people can live more comfortably and enjoy an enhanced quality of life.
Unlike many hospice care agencies, we have a doctor on staff who makes house calls and can coordinate care with your personal physician. Our goal is to help you avoid unnecessary trips to the hospital.
Support for you and your family does not end with the death of your loved one. Our families receive 13 months of grief support to help them understand and navigate through the grief process. During those 13 months, you will receive follow-up phone calls and a quarterly grief newsletter. We also provide bereavement counseling along with several grief support groups.
Programs & Events
End-of-Life Decision Guidance
Arbor Hospice can help with talking about difficult issues that arise at the end of life. We can assist with advance care planning and help with funeral arrangements.
Arbor Hospice is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing compassionate and high-quality hospice care to all our patients and their families. Arbor Hospice and our sister organization, Hemet Hospice Volunteers, believes in giving back to the communities we serve by operating ongoing grief support groups and providing hospice care for people in need.
Arbor Hospice is accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) for compliance with a comprehensive set of national standards. By choosing a healthcare provider that has achieved ACHC accreditation, you can take comfort in knowing that you will receive the highest quality of care.
If you have any concerns about the service that you receive from Arbor Hospice, you may contact ACHC directly at 855-937-2242.
Learn More about Hospice Services
The National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization answers many frequently asked questions about hospice services and how they can assist patients and families. We are here to help you understand the hospice process, please feel free to ask questions at any time.
Arbor Hospice Service Areas
Be sure to ask for Arbor Hospice when selecting a hospice care agency, the choice is in the hands of the patient and their loved ones.