There are many additional ways that you can volunteer. Please go to our sister organization, Hemet Hospice Volunteers to find out about other ways that you can help.
Our local Quilters team prepares beautiful quilts for our hospice patients.
We count on our volunteer support to provide excellent end-of-life care to each patient and family. By being a hospice volunteer, you can gain great personal satisfaction from knowing that you have made an impact in another person’s life.
Become a Hospice Volunteer
Many volunteers have been former family members of those Arbor Hospice has cared for and are now motivated to provide the same compassionate care that they received during a difficult time. Wherever your talents lie, we have a place for you.
Arbor Hospice volunteers may assist the agency in a number of ways:
- Working directly with patients and families by providing individual patient support.
- Providing caregiver respite to allow the primary caregiver some time to run errands, go to doctors appointments, etc.
- Assist with bereavement care.
- Assist with office work such as mailings, or helping with special events.
- Be 18+ years of age
- Complete an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Attend six to nine hours of training classes
- Allow Arbor hospice to obtain your Criminal Background Report
- Provide us with a signed Physicians Health Statement
- Receive a TB test (administered at no cost by Arbor hospice)
- Have a valid driver’s license or ID card
- Provide proof of current auto insurance
- Commit to one to four hours per week of patient care volunteer service for a minimum of one year.